18 Dec Which Homeowners Policy Is Right For You
If you have a mortgage, your lender most likely required that you have homeowners insurance. If you don’t have a mortgage, homeowners insurance is one of the smartest decisions you can make regarding your home and your possessions.
There are two common levels of coverage that you may consider:
- Named causes of loss coverage – the policy only covers certain causes of loss to your property. You must prove to the company that one of the covered causes damaged your property.
- Risks of physical loss – this covers all causes of loss except those that are excluded. The company must prove that one of the excluded causes of loss damaged your building.
You may want to discuss other types of homeowners coverage if you own a different type of residence such as a mobile home, apartment, townhouse, or condo.
Here are the main functions of home insurance:
- Repair your home, yard and other structures – homeowners insurance helps you cover reconstruction to restore your property after a damaging event such as a storm.
- Repair or replace personal belongings – many policies cover your belongings not only inside the
but also on the go. home,
- Cover personal liability issues – if a guest trips and falls in your home and sues you, homeowners insurance can help cover others’ injuries and your legal costs. Dog bites and
injuriedoutside of your home are also covered.
AWS Insurance is here every step of the way to make sure you get the exact homeowners insurance policy you need. At AWS Insurance, we know your house is one of your biggest investments and the place you and your family call home. With a comprehensive home insurance coverage policy with AWS Insurance, we’ll create a custom tailored plan that’s specific to your needs to get you financial protection and compensation for all of your belongings.