16 Apr Tips For Buying Health Insurance – New Orleans, LA
Now that the insurance marketplace exchanges are up and running, it’s a great time to talk about buying health coverage. Although there are excellent online comparison and quote tools out there, is always a good idea to have professionals look at your particular situation. AWS Insurance has prepared some tips to help you better understand your plan and to get the best deal on insurance. When trying to determine what plan is right for you, make sure you consult with our esteemed professionals to find the best insurance policy to meet your needs.
- Get Help. Let’s face it, even if you’re a long time insurance buyer, chances are you still have questions. Don’t put you and your family at risk of not getting the adequate coverage. Even if you plan on using the new healthcare.gov marketplace, get in touch with an insurance expert. They are better qualified and can save you time and money, as they can find out if you qualify for insurance discounts.
- Be Smart. Buying insurance in the new marketplace exchanges doesn’t guarantee you’re getting the best deal. Some individuals qualify for subsidies and discounts, but if you don’t, broaden your search, as some insurance providers might have better deals elsewhere.
- Care For Others. If your employer provides health care, be sure your family is covered as well. Talk to an insurance advisor to cover or expand coverage for family members that might qualify as dependents for your already existing policy. At times, employer plans cover you and your family at different rates, so be certain your family is protected.
- Read The Fine Print. Do your research and find out what doctors and hospitals you have access to. Insurance companies work in contracts with healthcare providers to cover your health network. There are in-network and out-of-network providers. The first ones offer low copays and coinsurance as they have an agreement with your insurance, the latter ones don’t.
- Get Feedback. If you already have insurance, have an expert go over it to see if you’re getting a fair deal. You could have access to better resources and rates and you might not know it, so an insurance audit is a great way to do it.
- Look Ahead. Are you financially prepared for an unexpected loss of income? Some health packages include extended disability insurance which helps pay for your earnings if you become sick and are unable to work.
- Get Peace Of Mind. Pick a knowledgeable insurance expert. Many insurance companies claim to have the expertise to take care of your needs, while all they want is your money. AWS Insurance cares about you and your family and our insurance advisors will do their best to assist you.
AWS Insurance serves New Orleans, Metairie, Kenner, and Southern Louisiana by providing protection for your home, business, or family with affordable plans in property insurance, liability insurance, life insurance, car insurance, and flood insurance from our Metairie, LA office. Our corporate clients can rest assured that our dedicated advisers at AWS Risk Management, LLC will help you implement workable solutions that achieve maximum asset protection with minimal cost of risk to your company.