15 Jul Car Insurance Coverage Options | AWS Insurance | Metairie, LA
Car insurance coverage options can be very overwhelming to understand. You can easily find yourself with too much insurance coverage that is not applicable to you, or too little insurance coverage that can be a problem in the wrong situation. To help you understand more about the coverage options available, here is a quick overview of the basics of auto insurance coverages.
Auto Insurance Basics
A basic car insurance policy is actually made up of roughly seven different auto coverage options that each represents a portion of your monthly premium. There are, however, other supplementary coverage options that you can take advantage of to further protect yourself. To ensure you have all the coverage options you need, an auto insurance expert can assist you with building the right package for you.
Coverages For You
- Collision Coverage: covers any damage to your car associated with accidents where you either hit or are hit by another vehicle.
- Medical, No-Fault, Personal Injury Coverage: will generally cover the expenses for any medical treatments for injuries resulting from a car accident for the injured driver or passengers in your vehicle.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: coverage for your protection in the event you injure or fatally hit another driver while operating your vehicle. Generally, this coverage also includes legal representation in the event a lawsuit is filed against you for the car accident.
- Uninsured Motorists Coverage: covers your expenses for injuries resulting from a car accident with an uninsured driver or hit-and-run.
- Physical Damage Comprehensive Coverage: protects you from non-collision related incidents such as theft, flood damage, fire, vandalism, or hitting an animal.
- Property Damage Coverage: protection from expenses associated with damaging someone else’s property such as running your car into someone’s home or property.
- Rental Reimbursement: coverage that pays expenses associated with your rental car after a car accident. Allowances also vary by state.
- Roadside Services: coverage assistance for expenses associated with towing your vehicle to a repair facility or common assistance such as changing a tire, opening your locked vehicle, or delivering fuel for your car.
Since your monthly premium is calculated from a combined sum of all these coverage options and more available to you, you need to determine which of these coverages you actually need so you aren’t left with too little or too much coverage. At AWS Insurance, our auto insurance professionals can create a custom package that is right for you and your family. Contact us today at our Metairie, LA office serving the New Orleans area or call 1-800-375-5563.